[bioontology-support] Visibility of Requests made by API

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 25 17:21:03 PDT 2022

Amar,

I think these questions would be best asked of your REDCap support team, as we in BioPortal are not users of REDCap ourselves.

I expect that REDCap is using a search call to BioPortal's API, specifically using its autocomplete widget. You can see the widget in action for RxNORM by visiting https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/RXNORM/?p=widgets. The Form Autocomplete ssection is likely the same widget that REDCap is using. This would use a URL of the form https://data.bioontology.org/…, as described in the BioPortal API Documentation (https://data.bioontology.org/documentation).

I believe the technical leads for REDCap at Vanderbilt (e.g., Paul Harris <paul.a.harris at vumc.org<mailto:paul.a.harris at vumc.org>>) could provide better support for your questions. I believe there are also a REDCap Community Forum and weekly technical support calls that may provide valuable resources.

John