[bioontology-support] Broken link on Privacy Policy page

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Tue Mar 1 06:12:27 PST 2022

Hi,

There appears to be a problem with the "Privacy Policy" page:

	https://www.bioontology.org/privacy/

That page contains a link "EU General Data Protection Regulation Data
Subjects Rights" that points to the following URL:

https://privacy.sites.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj10186/f/gdpr_data_subjects_rights_policy_final.pdf

There are two problems with this link.

First, the DNS name ("privacy.sites.stanford.edu") doesn't match the
identity of the host certificate.  The certificate is only valid for the
hosts:

	*.enterprise-g1.acquia-sites.com

	enterprise-g1.acquia-sites.com

This name mismatch triggers the browser to show a warning page,
indicating the user is at risk when following the link.

Second, the link is broken.

If I instruct my browser to following the link, accepting the risk, the
PDF file is not available.

Cheers,
Paul.