[bioontology-support] Rxnorm

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 10 11:35:56 PST 2022

Hi Steve,

This is the support list for the BioPortal software. We host ontologies, but are most often not the authors and/or maintainers of the ontologies. The contact person for RxNorm is listed as: NLM Customer Service, custserv at nlm.nih.gov<mailto:custserv at nlm.nih.gov>.

We import the RxNorm ontology into BioPortal from the UMLS Metathesaurus. Here is the page on their site that details RxNorm:

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/RXNORM/index.html

You can find contact information for this version of RxNorm in the metadata section:

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/RXNORM/metadata.html

I don’t understand the portion of your question about applied filters. Could you be more specific?