[bioontology-support] Broken link on Privacy Policy page

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 10 15:21:54 PST 2022

Paul,

Thank you for this notice. I've changed the link to the current location, please refresh your cache and see if it works for you.

John

On Mar 1, 2022, at 6:12 AM, Paul Millar <paul.millar at desy.de<mailto:paul.millar at desy.de>> wrote:

Hi,

There appears to be a problem with the "Privacy Policy" page:

https://www.bioontology.org/privacy/

That page contains a link "EU General Data Protection Regulation Data Subjects Rights" that points to the following URL:

https://privacy.sites.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj10186/f/gdpr_data_subjects_rights_policy_final.pdf

There are two problems with this link.

First, the DNS name ("privacy.sites.stanford.edu") doesn't match the identity of the host certificate.  The certificate is only valid for the hosts:

*.enterprise-g1.acquia-sites.com

enterprise-g1.acquia-sites.com

This name mismatch triggers the browser to show a warning page, indicating the user is at risk when following the link.

Second, the link is broken.

If I instruct my browser to following the link, accepting the risk, the PDF file is not available.

Cheers,
Paul.

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632  | ORCID  0000-0001-6875-5360