[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Marisa R Hughes

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 18 09:39:36 PDT 2022

Hi Marisa,

In terms of maintaining your ontologies:

1). You can click the “Edit ontology details” button at the top right of the ontology summary page (e.g., https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/APAONTO) to modify things like the ontology name, and which accounts have administrative access.

2). The information shown in the “Details” panes is associated with individual ontology submissions. You can click the “Edit latest submission” button at the top of the “Submissions” table to modify any of that information.

3). If you need to upload new versions of your ontology, click the “Add submission” button at the top of the “Submissions” table, and fill out the resulting form. The form will give you the option to either upload a file from your local drive, or alternatively, you can specify a URL that BioPortal will check nightly for new versions of your ontology.

All of the above assumes that you are logged in, and have access rights to edit these ontologies. I checked the list of ontologies you provided below. The “APA” account only had access rights to your main ontology (APAONTO). I added the “APA” account as an administrator on the other 10 ontologies you listed. Incidentally, the “APA” account is associated with an email address of hwarren at apa.org<http://apa.org>. Let me know if this needs to be modified. The only action that isn’t possible from the BioPortal application is ontology deletion. If if turns out you have ontology entries that you no longer need, let us know the acronyms and we can delete them on your behalf.