[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from marcin joachimiak

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:10:15 PDT 2022

Hello Marcin,

On Sep 2, 2022, at 11:33 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

I am trying to add a new Artificial Intelligence Ontology release to Bioportal. For our first submission a local file was uploaded, but now we can point to an owl file in our GitHub repo. However, perhaps I did this wrong as I edited the original submission instead of making a new one.

I do recommend creating a new submission in BioPortal if you move from a file upload to a pull location.

So for the original submission I changed from local file upload to point to our repo url:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/berkeleybop/artificial-intelligence-ontology/main/aio-full.owl

as well as providing some of the OWL metadata.

That edited submission seemed to work, there was even an error page on the AIO landing page at bioportal for a short moment. Now however, there are no calculate stats and the ontology still appears to be the original version.

I reprocessed the existing submission so that the metrics are displayed.

Next I tried to make a new submission, however when trying to submit the new release I got this error on the submission page:
Errors On Form[:error, #>]

I was able to reproduce the issue with creating a new submission, and I’ve entered an issue in our tracker:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/259

I’ll have a look at this today. Apologies for the inconvenience.