[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:47:46 PDT 2022

>From the perspective of security, probably running as a local sandboxed service is the only safe way.  I am not the right expert but I suspect that you'll have to run the entire BioPortal locally. Fortunately, modulo cost and load, this is probably not too difficult.

-Timothy

From: bioontology-support <bioontology-support-bounces at lists.stanford.edu> on behalf of Kahn, Charles E <Charles.Kahn at pennmedicine.upenn.edu>
Date: Monday, September 12, 2022 at 6:53 AM
To: support at bioontology.org <support at bioontology.org>
Subject: [bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator
Hi!  I’ve used Annotator for several years – it’s been very useful!

Our research group is interested to run Annotator (and try out Annotator+) on a corpus of radiology reports from our institution and others.  Given concerns about data that may contain PHI, do you have a version of Annotator that can be run on a local server?  If not, would you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks,
Chuck

Charles E. Kahn, Jr., MD, MS, FACR, FACMI, FSIIM

Professor and Vice Chair of Radiology
Senior Fellow, Institute for Biomedical Informatics
Senior Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce Street, 1 Silverstein
Philadelphia, PA 19104

ckahn at upenn.edu
T +1 (215) 662-3032  -  F +1 (215) 662-7011   -  M +1 (414) 429-5060
(he/him)