[bioontology-support] Using Bioportal in Guideline authoring project

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 30 05:44:50 PDT 2022

Hello Alexander,

It would be great to apply for an API key for your tool, indicating the tool name in your last name by appending 'for <toolname>' to the name. At some point we'll improve that indicator!

Of course users may also want their own API key for direct connections but there is no problem there.

Please be sensitive to the need to avoid too many queries per second (it is rate limited), or to ask too many complicated queries. I doubt either of these will be an issue, but if you have any concerns, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> is the right place for them to be answered.

I don't remember seeing your earlier query (apologies if it got past us), but we are usually pretty responsive on the list. If you haven't heard back within a day or two to a query, feel free to repost it and/or copy me directly.

We would be interested to see a demonstration at some point, when you are ready to show us!

John