[farmshare-discuss] chsh?

Tim Johnson tcjohnso at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 12 23:10:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

Are these instructions correct?  They do not work for me.

--> snip <--

corn03:~> chsh
  To change your shell, insert the following in ~/.cshrc:

if (0prompt && -x /bin/bash) then
  setenv SHELL bash
  exec bash
endif

--< snip >--

When I add those lines (tailored for zsh) to the end of my .cshrc, I get
the following error:

if: Badly formed number.

Why the seemingly non-standard chsh implementation?  Is it so that the
benevolent sysadmins can maintain one set of login scripts for all users?
Were it the case that these instructions worked, would it be better to add
them to the beginning or end of the ~/.cshrc?

Thanks,
Tim