[farmshare-discuss] Barley sharing algorithm?

Michael Maxwell Murray mmurray1 at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 14 16:41:24 PDT 2012

Ricardo,

As I made my comments in public, I will apologize in public. I wanted to
- cite specific details so that the admins could verify that the problems existed, and
- initiate a discussion in the user community

I should have used separate emails, one to the admins and one to the public list.  I can
see why you object to my email and I apologize. It was not my intent to suggest
that your usage was inconsiderate of others. Users should be free to submit the
jobs they need done. When those demands exceed the cluster's capacity,
the queuing system, not the users, should be responsible for ensuring fairness.
I wanted to point out that that capability was needed.

Sincerely,
Mike Murray