[farmshare-discuss] FarmShare changes: fairshare, ampl, cplex

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 15 15:19:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Several changes today:

a) "fairshare" is turned on, and we expect that jobs currently running
will be more evenly balanced between users.  Specifically, we turned on
'auto_user_fshare' in grid engine.
http://www.gridengine.info/2006/01/17/easy-setup-of-equal-user-fairshare-policy/
http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/geee.html

b) /usr/sweet/bin/ampl no longer exists, use 'module load AMPL'
c) /usr/sweet/bin/cplex no longer exists, use 'module load
CPLEX_Studio-12.4'

https://www.stanford.edu/group/farmshare/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php/AMPL

Please let us know if you see any problems.