[farmshare-discuss] Check barley queuing sequence?

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 19 12:16:30 PST 2012

Hi,

I see a number of the queue instances are in "error" state, that is why
they're not running jobs.

You can try 'qstat -explain E' to see where that error state came from.
  I'll look at that now and fix it.  We do not currently monitor for
this state.

There is another reason which can explain why fewer jobs are running
than you expect.  We implemented default memory requests in order to
allow jobs to request memory resources.  So while the compute node may
have available CPUs, it may not have available memory.  So another
useful view is:

         qhost -F mem_free