[farmshare-discuss] Barley AFS dies in a job with large task array

Long Ouyang louyang at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 10 09:48:21 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm submitting a job with ~50,000 tasks to Barley but 15,000 tasks through,
it looks like AFS is breaking - even trying to cd to a folder in my home
directory gives a "Connection timed out" error. Is there something I can do
to fix this? Would just running aklog and kinit in my script fix things?

-Long