[farmshare-discuss] Barley AFS dies in a job with large task array

Long Ouyang louyang at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 10 10:11:54 PST 2012

Yes, my job errored out. The error log reports that every single error but
three was due to barley18 AFS.

My job array actually had closer to 40,000 tasks and I successfully got
through 15,000, which means that the remaining 25,000 were all assigned to
barley18. It makes sense that this would happen -- a node that quickly
halts with an error is going to have plenty of free resources.