[farmshare-discuss] [farmshare-team] HelpSU Incident INC000001933768 Murray, Michael 650-969-0919 has been assigned to ITS FarmShare

Victor Chavez vdc at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 9 20:10:55 PDT 2012

(For anyone using ksh and module)

On 7/6/2012 9:49 PM, Michael Maxwell Murray wrote:
> Thanks for the follow up. Indeed, I could get the SGE scripts to
> work on barley. However I had to add the eval command to the
> script in order to have the module command be recognized:
>
> #! /bin/ksh
> cd /mnt/glusterfs/mmurray1
> cd PhD/evpp/port
> rm -f cplex1.log
> echo Activating module
> eval `tclsh  /mnt/glusterfs/software/free/modules/tcl/modulecmd.tcl sh autoinit`
> module add CPLEX_Studio-12.4
> echo Module activated
>
> Perhaps this is because I don't have a ~/.kshrc file?
> Should I copy that from someplace?

When running interactively (e.g. from a corn) run 'ksh -l' to use
logon processing which will read the /etc/profile.d/modules.sh file.
Otherwise, from a script, what you have is fine.  Or you could just
use:

#!/bin/ksh
. /etc/profile.d/modules.sh # source /etc/profile.d/modules.sh file
module add CPLEX_Studio-12.4
module list

Victor Chavez, 650.736.8350
Sr. SysAdmin, Stanford IT Services