[farmshare-discuss] limit on number of jobs for precise-long.q?

Ricardo Pinho pinho.ricardo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:40:36 PDT 2012

I see, thanks.

Is there a reason for it to be a fixed/static number? Could we make more dynamic, in the sense that you could run as many "long" jobs as you want, as long as there are empty slots? And if new "short" jobs come along, they get priority over "long"? Maybe a hybrid priority system, were 2/node=40 would be the minimum, but no maximum, just less priority over "short".

I'm sure you thought about this before and there's a reason not to do it. Sorry if I'm replicating old discussions. Thanks!