[farmshare-discuss] Overnight Matlab jobs in corn

Stephen James Wolf sjwolf at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 26 12:00:53 PDT 2012

No. The screen only exists on that particular corn machine. When you ssh into just the term "corn" you are connected to the lowest load of any particular machine (of which there are 24 I believe). Everything runs only on that machine, the corn servers do not communicate with each other.

On your first SSH you can SSH into corn to get a low load machine. Your command prompt will say "cornxx" where xx is the number (07, 22, etc). To log back in and check your process you need to then ssh into that particular corn machine.