[farmshare-discuss] How to submit batch jobs on barley?

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 6 15:38:55 PST 2012

On 03/06/2012 03:29 PM, Ken Van Tilburg wrote:
>   I know you cannot submit an executable with "qsub", so I tried running
> a script that executes this "generate_events" executable, but when I
> type "qstat -j <JOBID>", I get a bunch of output that says the job was
> never queued up because all the clusters were overloaded/full.

You definitely can submit an executable to qsub, just use the -b flag, e.g.:

[chekh at corn22.stanford.edu] ~ [0]
$ qsub hostname
Unable to read script file because of error: error opening hostname: No
such file or directory
[chekh at corn22.stanford.edu] ~ [14]
$ qsub -b y hostname
Your job 116705 ("hostname") has been submitted

Your jobs are queued up but not yet running because the cluster is full.
  Just like my job 116705.  It's in state 'qw'.