[farmshare-discuss] Setting up a shared SVN repository

Lester Mackey lmackey at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:30:07 PDT 2012

Dear FarmShare,

Apologies if this is the wrong list for this question.  I'd like to set up
an SVN repository to share documents with other Stanford collaborators via
svn+ssh.  I've attempted to do this on cardinal.stanford.edu in my public
folder.  I created a repository with 'svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs', and
both I and another collaborator were able to check out the repository via '
svn  checkout  svn+ssh://username@...' and receive updates via 'svn up'.
 However, only I am able to successfully commit to the repository.  My
collaborator receives the following permission denied error

"Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't open file '/afs/ir/users/l/m/lmackey/
public/svn/local_rpca/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied"

I have chmoded the repository directory (and the enclosing directories) so
that everyone has read, write, and execute privileges, but she receives the
same error.  Is it possible for several individuals to commit to a shared
SVN repository on cardinal?  Do I need to change the group owner or owner
on the repository directory?

Thanks for your help,
Lester