[farmshare-discuss] Setting up a shared SVN repository

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:52:02 PDT 2012

Hi Lester,

short answer:
It is easier for you to do exactly what you did before but in your
/mnt/glusterfs/... directory, since that is accessible from any
FarmShare machine and uses plain POSIX permissions.

long answer:
Since that directory is on AFS, you need to set AFS permissions correctly.

Check out the links here:
https://www.stanford.edu/group/farmshare/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php/AFS
specifically:
https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/afs/intro/permissions/unix

E.g. my public directory is world-readable but only writeable by a few
people:

[chekh at corn10.stanford.edu] ~ [0]
$ pwd
/afs/ir/users/c/h/chekh