[farmshare-discuss] qstat help

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 24 12:00:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

If you do 'qstat -f -j JOBID', you'll get the "full" output about your job.

Look for the line that says "error reason:", it will explain what happened.

e.g.
$ qstat -f -j 502180 | grep err
error reason    1:          09/24/2012 00:22:11 [15613:5316]: error:
can't open output file "/afs/ir/users/g/u/guyziv/px_1000_d_
                             Job is in error state

Then you can use 'qdel' or 'qresub'.

In this case, maybe there was some issue with your AFS credentials?