[farmshare-discuss] Issue Logging In with Putty on Windows

Chris Young cvyoung at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 29 12:48:08 PDT 2012

Hi Victor,

I was connecting to the general corn.stanford.edu.  I just tried
corn13 and corn15 and got the same thing with the .Xauthority file.

I have the Stanford kerberos program where I put my password in once
when I first log in to my computer.

Running "kinit -f" prints nothing to the screen after I put in my
password.

I'm running the XWin Server that come with Cygwin-X.  I know that's
not the problem because I can log into another unix cluster I use for
work (they're running Linux on Intel Xeon cores, not sure if that
matters) and I can get x windows forwarded and appearing on my local
desktop.

Thanks for getting back so quickly,
Chris