[farmshare-discuss] termination of rogue processes

Victor Liu vkl at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 28 16:55:09 PDT 2013

I recently found out that I had a number of processes that have been
running on corn for about a month. I only discovered this because a
friend saw that there were processes owned by me with huge CPU times.
These processes were run in the background and I had counted on the 24
hour limit to kill them, so I didn't bother to check up on them. It
seems that the policies on corn will end up revoking the kerberos
priveleges to write to disk, but the process is still left running. I
have gone through and killed all these rogue processes, but I did notice
many other processes on the nodes with similar runtimes of 10's of
thousands of CPU minutes. I wonder if you can make it so that instead of
just revoking priveleges, the process is also killed.

-Victor