[farmshare-discuss] How to allow a AFS CGI script delete/write a file

Trevor Davis trevor.l.davis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 00:10:55 PST 2013

Hello,

I've enabled cgi in an AFS class directory and have created a sub-directory
with a number of data files.  My cgi script has no problem reading these
files but whenever I try to delete a file using the cgi script I get a
"permission denied" error.  I've recursively set the permissions for the
sub-directory using "chmod -R 777" but I still get the permission denied
error.  What do I need to do in order to let the cgi script delete/write a
file in this sub-directory?

Thanks,

Trevor