[farmshare-discuss] How to allow a AFS CGI script delete/write a file

Adam Seishas aseishas at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:05:35 PST 2013

The CGI principal for the class (probably something like 1134-classname.cgi) needs write access to the directory; since course volumes are in AFS, you need to set AFS permissions (not standard UNIX permissions):

fs setacl [directory] [principal] write

If you’re not sure of the principal name, try running “fs la” on the course directory. https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/afs has more information on access control in AFS.

—
Adam Seishas