[farmshare-discuss] DBMSCOPY functioning problem

Weiqi Wang weiqi at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 18 15:43:42 PST 2013

hi, I'm having a general problem with DBMSCOPY.

the corn.stanford.edu server has a DBMSCOPY application which is used to convert  file types of datasets - I logged in and launch it and it was successful. However the application can not properly function: it can be launched but can not properly read the dataset file, so I am guessing it has something to do with the permission of my account. my SUNet ID is weiqi, my home folder on the server is /afs/ir.stanford.edu/users/w/e/weiqi

my supervisor use my mac to log into his account and did exactly the same thing but he can read his datafile (in DBMSCOPY) in his home folder. Specifically, when I load his datafile with DBMSCOPY, the datafile can be viewed and converted; while my account can not even view the data (my datafile permission is set to be 777 already).

I never encounted such a problem that the application can be launched (meaning I have the permission) but can not function properly. Btw the datafile permission are set to be 777. I appreciate any help...

Looking forward to your reply, thanks a lot!

Regards,

yours sincerely
weiqi
Weiqi Wang