[farmshare-discuss] Farmshare collaboration

Tomer Altman taltman1 at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:58:46 PST 2013

To whom it may concern,

I work in a research lab that is interested in making better use of
FarmShare for research. While FarmShare has some software that we use
(such as R and Blast), we have some other software packages that we use
often for analyzing our data. My questions are:

* Is there a way for us to install the additional software packages such
that we can use the software from the corn and barley clusters?
* If we have shared datasets that we need to process, is there a better
way to share them using a Unix group on a user's Glusterfs space?
* If we have a file server hosted at the Medical School's IRT rack
space, is there a way for us to "mount" the remote filesystem so that we
can have processes on corn and barley analyze the data on our file server?

Any advice on these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Tomer