[farmshare-discuss] Adding modules to Python?

Jeremy Hsu jlhsu at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 13 00:03:23 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm attempting to run some scripts from a paper, and am running into some
issues. In short, after running the python scripts on corn, I keep getting
"File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>, ImportError: no module named ____". I
managed to resolve most of these errors by temporarily changing my
PYTHONPATH environment variable, but unfortunately the scripts look like
they call some additional Python modules that aren't contained within the
scripts folder. I attempted adding the module but ran into permissions
error, and it looks like changes to Python installed on the global bin are
restricted to admins.

Is there a way to have a module added to corn/barley's Python, or is there
another way I can include that module for these scripts? (Alternatively,
I've thought about running a local version of Python and using that, instead
of the global version, but that seems unnecessarily redundant.)

Thanks!

Jeremy