[farmshare-discuss] boost library available from stock software

Forest Olaf Peterson granite at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 20 16:17:20 PDT 2013

I want to include the boost thread library in a g++ build. The thread library has source files and a library - so it is not as simple as just dropping the cpp in my AFS folder. Awhile back Jason answered my question about how to build the boost library on the farmshare, but it seems that if we each built our own 10GB library then there are many duplicates of boost - and I think AFS is limited to 5GB. I use v1.53, it is built on my laptop for VS2008 & VS2012; can this be built and placed in a share folder and the instruction how to include it in g++ build posted to the wiki?