[farmshare-discuss] c++ 11 support with farmshare g++

Adam Seishas aseishas at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 21 10:59:08 PDT 2013

g++ 4.6.3 and clang++ 3 are installed on FarmShare systems and both contain some support for c++11 language features (support in g++ is still experimental):

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.6/cxx0x_status.html
http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html

I’m not sure what library support for c++11 is currently available on FarmShare, however. libstdc++-v3 (4.6.3-1ubuntu5) is installed. libc++ is a potential alternative, but is not installed and would have to be built privately:

http://libcxx.llvm.org/

It might be possible to have this, or a more recent version of libboost than is currently installed (1.46), built and installed centrally in /mnt/glusterfs if there’s interest. Jason might be able to comment on that possibility, or you can make a request by writing to research-computing-support at stanford.edu.

—
Adam Seishas
IT Service Desk
Stanford University