[farmshare-discuss] MySQL server access from FarmShare

John Bickar jbickar at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 20 14:35:02 PST 2013

MySQL service:

https://tools.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/sumysql/sumysql

(to create a DB)

Then

mysql --database=dbname --host=127.0.0.1 --user=username --password=password

from the corns.

You can use mysql-user.stanford.edu to access the DB using a GUI client
(Sequel Pro or the like), and tools.stanford.edu/phpmyadmin for PHPMyAdmin.

Note that the shared MySQL service cannot be used to store Restricted or
Prohibited data:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/security/securecomputing/dataclass_chart.html

-John Bickar
Stanford Web Services