[farmshare-discuss] Stanford AFS Question

John Bickar jbickar at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 26 12:08:16 PST 2013

On 11/26/13 12:03 PM, John Bickar wrote:
> https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/cgi
>
>> I couldn't find anything about their policy on CGIs. I trawled through
>> their Apache conf files on one of the Corn machines, to no avail.

Also, I should mention that the WWW (www01, www02, etc.) servers are
what run www.stanford.edu, not the corn (farmshare) servers.

So you can upload script files (PHP, Perl, etc.) to a cgi-bin directory
in AFS, but the versions of PHP, Apache, etc., that are installed on the
WWWs will not necessarily correspond with what's installed on the corns.

-John Bickar
Stanford Web Services