[farmshare-discuss] Linux to download files from Web AFS to local drive

Chris Coke chris.r.coke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 12:26:29 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to download a large number of files from my Web AFS, and would
prefer to automate it rather than use the UI.  Here's what I've tried so
far.  Anyone have suggestions?

*I've tried using curl and/or wget, but I can't figure out a good way to
get past the log-in and then redirection pages:*

wget --no-check-certificate
https://afs.stanford.edu/?path=/afs/ir/users/c/c/ccoke/Indeed/Jobs_99_010114_time.txt

returns the html from the redirection page, and same thing even when I
supply wget with my log-in credentials.

*I've also tried mounting the drive locally using sshfs (but then when
trying to navigate or copy+paste from the mounted directory, I get a
Permission Denied error).*

Success.  output from "mount":
ccoke at corn.stanford.edu:/afs/ir/users/c/c/ccoke/Indeed on
/Users/chriscoke/Dropbox/JobsData/Data (osxfusefs, nodev, nosuid,
synchronous, mounted by chriscoke)

But then, error:
rescomp-13-270614:~ chriscoke$ cd ~/Dropbox/JobsData/Data
-bash: cd: /Users/chriscoke/Dropbox/JobsData/Data: Permission denied

*And finally, I've tried mounting via CIFS. But here, I always get the
below error:*

rescomp-13-270614:~ chriscoke$ mount -t cifs -o
username=[username],password=[password] //corn.stanford.edu/ccoke
~/Dropbox/JobsData/Data

mount: exec
/System/Library/Filesystems/cifs.fs/Contents/Resources/mount_cifs for
/Users/chriscoke/Dropbox/JobsData/Data: No such file or directory

Thanks,

Chris