[farmshare-discuss] Submitting simple MATLAB script

Jeff Jacobs jjacobs3 at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 16 02:31:58 PST 2014

Hello, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've written a self-contained
matlab script and then attempted to submit it via qsub and received the
following email (I tried several times, and got it each time):

Job 1308602 (gameinvite_grid) Set in error state
 Exit Status      = -1
 Signal           = unknown signal
 User             = jjacobs3
 Queue            = raring.q at barley18.Stanford.EDU
 Host             = barley18.Stanford.EDU <http://barley18.stanford.edu/>
 Start Time       = <unknown>
 End Time         = <unknown>
 CPU              = NA
 Max vmem         = NA
failed searching requested shell because:
01/16/2014 02:26:35 [30981:25623]: execvp(/farmshare/software/
free/oge/2011.11p1/FSraring/spool/barl
Use "qmod -c <jobid>" to clear job error state
once the problem is fixed.

The script I submitted (runBootstrapGridC.script) was:

#!/bin/bash

#$ -N gameinvite_grid
#$ -m bes
#$ -M jjacobs3 at stanford.edu
#$ -cwd

module load matlab
matlab -nodesktop -singleCompThread < ./generateBootstrapGridNoWealthC.m

and the command I issued was:

qsub ./runBootstrapGridC.script

I'm guessing it's something really stupid, so please let me know if you see
anything glaring. Thanks!

--
Jeff Jacobs
jjacobs3 at stanford.edu