[farmshare-discuss] su-hpc group meeting: speaker from Intel: OpenMP 4.0

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:27:39 PST 2014

Michael Klemm from Intel will be our guest speaker at the upcoming
SU-HPC seminar on January 23rd. The presentation will be on OpenMP 4.0
and is open to the entire Stanford community.

 > OpenMP 4.0, Michael Klemm, Intel
 > Thursday, January 23, 3:30 - 5pm, Spilker 232
 >
 > Abstract: OpenMP 4.0 is the current release of the OpenMP API
specification. It added new major features to the OpenMP language to
incorporate latest technological trends in HPC and beyond. The new
features will significantly increase the expressiveness of OpenMP and
its applicability for complex HPC codes. In this presentation, we will
provide an in-depth overview of the new features. The presented features
include user-defined reductions, support for SIMD instructions, support
for accelerators/coprocessors, and affinity.

 > Bio: Michael Klemm is part of Intel's Software and Services Group,
Developer Relations Division. His focus is on High Performance and
Throughput Computing. Michael holds a Doctor of Engineering degree
(Dr.-Ing.) in Computer Science from the Friedrich-Alexander-University
Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany. Michael's areas of interest include
compiler construction, design of programming languages, parallel
programming, and performance analysis and tuning. Michael is Intel
representative in the OpenMP Language Committee and leads the efforts to
develop error handling features for OpenMP.

--
chekh at stanford.edu 347-401-4860