[farmshare-discuss] Unknown backup files in afs folder

Tim Torgenrud torg at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 16 09:28:50 PDT 2015

Yizheng,
    The .backup space is your AFS backup snapshot and doesn't affect your quota.

See https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/afs/learningmore/backups for further information about this.

-tim
Tim Torgenrud, Application Support
University IT

On Aug 16, 2015, at 8:50 AM, Yizheng Liao <yzliao at stanford.edu<mailto:yzliao at stanford.edu>> wrote:

Hi

I found a folder called backup in my afs folder. The size is very large:

du -h --max-depth=1

du: cannot access './.backup/.backup': No such device

6.2G ./.backup

When I tried to delete it, it seemed that I did not have the access because it is created by admin. Is there a way to delete it because I cannot create any new file on my afs folder?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Yizheng