[farmshare-discuss] Two-Factor Coming to Farmshare June 16th!

taltman taltman1 at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 19 10:24:40 PDT 2015

A note about the Duo App:

I have been successfully logging in to Corn using the open-source Google
Authenticator app for Android. I have not needed to download the Duo App.

How much do we know about the Duo app? Has it been audited? Does it
require excessive permissions/access to run on one's phone? Is it
sending personal information back to Duo the company?

I personally would advocate for people to use the Google Authenticator
app instead. Requiring all of Stanford FarmShare users to install
proprietary third-party software on their cellphones seems like a bad
policy.

My $0.02,

~Tomer