[farmshare-discuss] Two-Factor Coming to Farmshare June 16th!

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:04:30 PDT 2015

Hi Tomer,

You are welcome to continue to use the Google Authenticator app, or any
other method that works with Stanford Two-Step authentication.

You can check your Two-Step settings at:
https://accounts.stanford.edu/manage/ -> Two-Step Auth

For example, you can use SMS to a phone number, or a hardware token, or
a printed list of OTP codes.

You are correct that Duo is a proprietary application; unfortunately no
equally convenient Free Software alternative exists at the moment.

Unfortunately the Android version of Google Authenticator doesn't seem
to be Free Software either.