[farmshare-discuss] Leaving ssh-agent to run in the background?

Dan Nguyen dun at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 13 21:49:00 PST 2015

I've been having my students generate a keypair on corn.stanford.edu to authenticate with their Github accounts using this process:

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys/#step-2-generate-a-new-ssh-key

The authentication process works...but after logging out and logging back in, it seems we have to manually restart the ssh-agent again and add the key to it. I'm not knowledgeable about the details of this authentication besides how it works on my own laptop, so I wanted to check if it might be just the way things are set up on afs?

Thanks,
Dan