[farmshare-discuss] Farmshare Downtime Wednesday April 27th 1pm to 4pm

Mr. Addis Walter O'Connor addiso at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 12 15:25:25 PDT 2016

Dear Farmshare Users,

Farmshare will be unavailable for emergency security patching and updating, Wednesday April 27th, from 1pm to 4pm. This will affect all corn, barley, rye and cardinal machines, as well as the shared storage file servers.

During that time, logins to Farmshare will not be allowed and new jobs will not be allowed to run. Any jobs running at the time of maintenance will need to be re-submitted once the system is back online.

Moving forward we will be required to have ‘quarterly’ downtimes for updates and patching, so keep an eye on the Farmshare Discuss list, as well as the Message of the Day at login for future scheduled outages.

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

research-computing-support at stanford.edu

We will send out an additional notification prior to taking the system offline on 4/27/2016.

Best,

Addis O'Connor

HPC System Administrator

Polya Hall, Room 263