[farmshare-discuss] Running ipython-notebook on Sherlock

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 2 12:20:50 PST 2016

Hi Rakesh,

 From your error message below, it looks like you want to install the
sqlite3 python module, maybe via pip.  Also, are you using your own
python build?  I don't think we have v3.4 available on sherlock

The sherlock page is here:
http://sherlock.stanford.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Python

You probably meant to mail the sherlock-discuss mailing list.

If you still have trouble with your ipython, feel free to mail us at
research-computing-support at stanford.edu

Furthermore, the standard ipython/jupyter notebook functionality starts
up a web server, and then you connect to that web server via a local
browser, so that's a bit tougher if you only have SSH access.

We have an old farmshare example here, you'd want to set up SSH
forwarding similarly for sherlock:

https://web.stanford.edu/group/farmshare/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php/Ipython