[farmshare-discuss] SU2 on multiple cores on barley

Max Drach mdrach at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 12 14:26:12 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to run an SU2 CFD simulation on multiple cores on barley.  Does
anyone have experience doing this?

When I attempt to run on multiple cores, it appears to run the entire CFD
on two separate processors, instead of dividing the work between them.

*OUTPUT FROM SCRIPT
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpxs9bfnxfdwsbl/su2_output.txt?dl=0>*

*Excerpt from end of the script*
History file, closed.
Completed in 91.377067 seconds on 1 core.
----------------------- Exit Success (SU2_CFD) ----------------------
*(Some lines later..........)*
History file, closed.
Completed in 102.502003 seconds on 1 core.
----------------------- Exit Success (SU2_CFD) -----------------------

These outputs (and the fact the CFD takes 2x longer when I run on 2 cores)
are evidence that it is not running in parallel, just twice on two separate
computers.

Here is what I have done, from compiling the latest version of SU2 to
qsubbing a run script.

*SU2 COMPILE OPTIONS
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzi22cdopch1av7/su2_compile_options.txt?dl=0>*
*QSUB COMMAND