[farmshare-discuss] update GHC on corn

David Mazieres expires 2016-06-16 PDT mazieres-topic-mail.class-4mp6t7hd4wfj24gbizsn5zkgmn at temporary-address.scs.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 18 00:49:05 PDT 2016

Nathan James Tindall <ntindall at stanford.edu> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Are there any farmshare machines with a more updated version of ghc?
> We are trying to build a Haskell stack project (need 7.10.3, but the
> machine has 7.6.3). We aren’t able to download the appropriate
> compiler version since we don’t have root on corn.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

We don't have any administrator access, so your best bet would be to ask
action at cs, but I doubt they will be able to do this quickly.

The other thing you could do is build locally and deploy a
statically-linked binary to the farmshare machines.  If you install an
afs client, you can probably even mount the stanford afs directories on
your local machine.

David