[farmshare-discuss] Installing Mongodb

vanessa sochat vsochat at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 15 21:59:03 PDT 2017

Hey Jiaming,

If you are familiar with Mongodb, you might be able to set up a server
running inside a container, and mount the data directory to the host (since
you need to write). I never tested this, but there is ample docs here to
get you up and started:  https://github.com/singularityhub/mongo

First I would read about Singularity:

http://singularity.lbl.gov/

Build and test (this container recipe) locally:

https://github.com/singularityhub/mongo

Then when you like it, on sherlock you would want to load the Singularity
module first, and then use it.

Best,

Vanessa

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Jiaming Zeng <jiaming at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to install mongodb on farmshare for use with barley.
> However, after trying some stuff, I get the following message:
>
> The program 'mongod' is currently not installed. To run 'mongod' please
> ask your administrator to install the package 'mongodb-server'
>
> Does anyone have ideas on how to install this or contacting the
> administrator?
>
> Thanks,
> Jiaming

Vanessa Villamia Sochat