[farmshare-discuss] Alpine on Farmshare

Jonathan McDermott jmcdermo at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 12 13:44:15 PST 2018

Hello,

We have a couple of users who are trying to use Alpine on the old, legacy FarmShare system (cardinal).  In trying to duplicate their issues, we are finding a situation where these instructions
https://web.stanford.edu/group/farmshare/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php/Alpine_and_Mutt
aren't working.  Alpine continues to seek pobox.stanford.edu, even with .pinerc edited.  If instead we configure alpine with the in-client configuration, it asks for the SUNetID username and password, but declines the password. I recall we could once make app passwords for other clients to access email, but this seems to have been removed.

Does anyone on the list use Alpine, and is it still actually able to connect to Office 365?  Thank you!

--
Jonathan McDermott
Computer Information Systems Analyst