[farmshare-discuss] I am using both "Alpine" and "OUTLOOK2013" RE: Alpine on Farmshare

Jerry Halpern funn at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 12 15:37:58 PST 2018

Hello Jonathan,

In the following way, I am using both "Alpine" and "Outlook2013":

1) To use Alpine:
     I first login to cardinal using ssh.  As usual this requires a SUNetID, a password,  and a one-time passcode.
      Having logged in,  and using a configuration file which I attach (In order to attach it, I renamed it "pinerc";  It should be installed with the      name ".pinerc" )  .

2)From my windows-10 machine (the one I used for 1) above I have installed Outlook2013 in the most ordinary way.
    I have had no problem using Outlook (both directly and via the Web(With Firefox).

  I occasionally find Alpine very useful,  but I use it now only occasionally and only in simple ways in which the problems referred to may not occur.  I am glad that Alpine continues to be available to me and hope that it will continue to be available.

Jerry
Jerry Halpern