[farmshare-discuss] about farm share memory

yang li yli28 at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 20 10:03:56 PST 2018

Hi,

  I am a graduate student in Mechanical Engineering department. Recently I tried to use farmshare to do some calculation using a well established Fortran program.

  I keep running  into the problems of "segmentation error", which I suspect is caused by most variables in the program are defined using "stack" not "heap". This might cause the calculation out of memory after 7000 lines and the error comes out.

  I want to know how much memory could one student access on farmshare? Can I access more memory if it is not enough? Also, how much storage could we access? Thanks.

Best

Yang