[farmshare-discuss] Class-Accessible Jupyter Notebook

vanessa sochat vsochat at stanford.edu
Sun Jan 7 07:30:46 PST 2018

Hey Sam,

I'll leave the particulars of discussion for rice to the admins (my
intuition is that allowing ports opened on a cluster node is not going to
be allowed) but I'd recommend that you set up an equivalently easy "start
up" environment by using Docker. This does mean that your students will
have to install docker on their machines, but then you could produce the
equivalent "ready to go" environment by just starting a container, and
mapping it to the host. I'd be glad to help you with this if it sounds like
a good option.

The jupyterhub idea is really great too - afaik we don't have the webby
spaces with open ports to support that. I can chat with my group (most on
this list, please chime in!) to discuss what might be some options for that.

Best,

Vanessa

Vanessa Villamia Sochat
Stanford University