'with' field contents for IPI annotations

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 03:45:36 PST 2006

> How will we know the difference between a group adding gene ids instead
> of protein Ids as the latter was not available and group adding a gene
> id for other reasons???

For the purposes of the gene_association file, I think it doesn't matter.
Of course if a database has trouble finding UniProt IDs, they should
communicate with UniProt to address the problem, but that should all
happen separately (and by human communication, not file parsing) -- i.e.,
there's no point trying to capture it in the gene_association file.