'with' field contents for IPI annotations

Evelyn Camon camon at
Wed Mar 1 04:00:15 PST 2006

thanks however..we integrate data from Consortium member association
files so how data is added there and why is very important to us...
..the issue I was addressing was whether we should convert a gene id
to a protein Id if we can map it or if a gene id should be left as it is
provided as there were specific reasons why a protein id was not
provided...curator not sure of interacting protein from publication...

It is of course easier not to convert any ids from external sources...

Midori Harris wrote:
>>How will we know the difference between a group adding gene ids instead
>>of protein Ids as the latter was not available and group adding a gene
>>id for other reasons???
> For the purposes of the gene_association file, I think it doesn't matter.
> Of course if a database has trouble finding UniProt IDs, they should
> communicate with UniProt to address the problem, but that should all
> happen separately (and by human communication, not file parsing) -- i.e.,
> there's no point trying to capture it in the gene_association file.
>>If Consortium member has difficultly getting Uniprot ids we should
>>address these concerns and the appropriate contacts can be made.
>>I appreciate these thing can take time and solution is needed in the

Evelyn Camon
GOA Coordinator
Senior Scientific Curator
European Bioinformatics Institute